BSidesCharm welcomes a limited amount of individuals to attend its event from trusted press organizations. These include online and print journalists who can verify that their organization covers topics related to those presented at our event. Bloggers and podcasters may be eligible as well, based upon their existing content being relevant to the topics presented.
Each registration will be reviewed case-by-case and BSidesCharm has the right to refuse a press badge. In cases of a refused press badge, the individual has the opportunity to obtain an attendee badge. However, they cannot act as a journalist on the event grounds.
BSidesCharm is an event that respects the privacy of its attendees. We hold our attendees to a high standard for respecting privacy and hold that same standard to the press.
The following guidelines should be followed at all times by individuals attending on a media pass:
- No photography or recording of audio or video in any of the presentation rooms or workshops on the event grounds.
- Your press badge must be worn at all times while on event grounds.
- Identify yourself in conversations:
When working as a journalist ensure that the subject is aware of this fact.
Give a verbal introduction of who you are and where you work.
- Ask Permission:
Ensure you have the permission from anyone you photograph, record or quote – this includes those in the background. “Crowd shots” are frowned upon.
- If in doubt, ask particular subjects to meet away from the event grounds.
Press requests are managed by the BSidesCharm Board of Directors. To apply, please send an email to email@example.com no later than 20 March, 2020, with the following information:
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Direct links to recent articles you’ve written pertaining to computer security, hacking, or previous coverage of related conferences
- Email address